Our Ultimate List Of Syn Free & Low Syn Yoghurts
Finding healthy low syn snacks in the slimming world is not always as easy as it seems, but you can find foods that are syn free, allowing you to snack healthier and save your syns for treats.
Yogurts in particular can be syn free, but only if they are unflavoured and fat-free, any fat-free yoghurts with flavourings have to have they're syns counted.
We've put together a short guide below which will take you through all you need to know about syn free yoghurts.
What Makes a Yoghurt Syn Free?
Before we get into our lists, it's good to know that not all yoghurts are syn free on the slimming world plan just because they might be 'fat-free'. Slimming world specifically only classes syn free yoghurts as natural yoghurts or unflavoured yoghurts as syn free.
For example, fat-free Danone Activia 0% fat yogurt in the cherry flavour has 0.5 syns while Onken Fat Free Natural yoghurt is syn free since it's not flavoured. The syns in these flavoured yoghurts are due to the flavourings and sweeteners which make them easier to overeat.
Is Greek Yoghurt Syn Free?
Greek yoghurts are syn free the same way natural yoghurt is as long as it's not flavoured and fat free, if your buy 1% or 2% then you will need to account for its syns, these can be worked out via a syn calculator or at the rough rule of 1 syn to 20 calories.
Our List Of SYN FREE Yoghurts
To make your shopping easier, we've done the hard work and found some SYN FREE yogurts from a variety of different brands below.
- Tesco greek style 0% fat natural yoghurts - Syn free.
- Onken Fat Free natural yoghurt - Syn free.
- Brooklea Fat Free Natural Yogurt 500g - Syn free.
- Sainsbury's Fat Free Greek Style Natural Yogurt - Syn free.
- Lidl Milbona fat-free natural yoghurt - Syn free.
- Fage Total 0% Greek yoghurt - Syn free.
- ASDA Fat Free Natural Yogurt - Syn free.
- ASDA Fat Free Greek Inspired Yogurt - Syn free.
- Asda Greek Style Natural Yogurt, Fat-Free - Syn free.
- Yeo Valley Organic Super Thick 0% Natural Yogurt 450G - Syn free.
- Lancashire Farm Natural Fat Free Yogurt - Syn free.
- Mccallums Fat Free Natural Yogurt 500g - Syn free.
- M&S Natural Live Yoghurt 0% Fat - Syn free.
- M&S Authentic Greek Yogurt 0% Fat - Syn free.
- Sainsbury's Greek Style Fat Free Natural Yogurt - Syn free.
- Sainsbury's Fat Free Natural Yogurt - Syn free.
- Brooklea Fat Free Greek Style Natural Yogurt 1kg - Syn free.
- Sainsbury's Fat Free Greek Style Natural Yogurt Authentic - Syn free.
- Creamfields Fat Free Greek Style Natural Yogurt - Syn free.
- Yeo Valley Organic 0% Fat Natural Yogurt 150g - Syn free.
- ASDA Fat Free Greek Inspired Yogurt - Syn free.
- Arla Skyr Icelandic Style Yogurt, Natural 450g - Syn free.
- ASDA Greek Style Fat Free Yogurt - Syn free.
Our List Of Low Syn Yoghurts
Flavoured fat free yoghurts are not syn free as we mentioned above, but they can be very low in syns, we've listed a few favourite low syn yoghurts to try out below.
- Lidl Milbona Greek Style No Fat Natural Yogurt -1.5 syns.
- Asda Greek Yogurt with Honey 0% Fat - 2.5 syns.
- Asda 2% Lactose-Free Greek Yogurt - 2.5 syns.
- Lidl Milbona light fat-free vanilla yoghurt - 1.5 syns.
- Fage Total Natural & Low Fat 2% Greek Yogurt – 1 syn.
- Fage Total 0% Blueberry Flavour – 2 syns.
- Fage Total 0% Raspberry & Pomegranate Flavour – 2 syns.
- Lidl Milbona fat-free raspberry protein yoghurt - 1 syn.
- Fage Total Natural Greek Yoghurt 5% – 3 syns.
- Fage Total Low Fat Natural Greek Yoghurt 2% – 3.5 syns.
- Arla Skyr Apple, Cinnamon and Pear Flavour - 1.5 syns.
- Arla Skyr peach and raspberry yoghurt - 1.5 syns.
- Alpro Pineapple and passion fruit Soya Yogurt – 2 syns a pot.
- Lidl Milbona smooth toffee fat-free yoghurt - 1 syn a pot.
- Lidl Milbona fat-free natural yoghurt - SYN FREE.
- Danone Activia No Fat Yogurt Blueberry - 0.5 syns a pot.
- Tesco free from soya mango yoghurt - 1.5 syns a serving.
- Alpro No Bits Peach and Pear Flavour Soya Yogurt – 1.5 syns a pot.
- Alpro Passion Fruit Go On Soya Yogurt - 1.5 syns a serving.
- Tesco lemon and blueberry Greek-style frozen yoghurt - 4.5 syns for 100ml.
- Alpro Go On Soya Strawberry and Raspberry Yogurt – 1.5 syns.
- Weight Watchers Fat Free Toffee Yogurt - 0.5 syns.
- Danone Activia 0% Fat Yogurt Strawberry - 0.5 syns.
- Danone Activia 0% Fat Yogurt Peach - 0.5 syns.
- Danone Activia No Fat Yogurt Vanilla - 0.5 syns.
- Danone Stawberry sensation Light and Free Greek Yogurt - 0.5 syns a pot.
- Danone Raspberry Razzle Light & Free Greek Style Yogurt - 1 syns.
- Asda Hazelnut Low Fat Yogurt - 3 syns a pot.
- Danone Cherry Charmer Light & Free Greek Style Yogurt - 1 syn.
- Weight Watchers No fat Vanilla Yogurt - 0.5 syns.
- Asda Red Cherry Fat Free Yogurt - 3 syns a pot.
- Onken Light and Fruity Blueberry Yogurt - 1.5 syns.
- Asda Free From Coconut Soya Yogurt - 0.5 syns a serving.
- Onken Light & Fruity Passionfruit Yogurt - 1.5 syns.
- Onken BioPot 2% Yogurt Set Natural - 2.5 syns.
- Onken BioPot Natural and Stirred Yogurt - 4.5 syns a serving.
- Asda Rhubarb & Vanilla Fat Free Yogurt - 3 syns a pot.
- Asda Free From Almond Soya Yogurt – 0.5 syns a serving.
- Asda Low Fat natural protein yoghurt - 0.5 syns a serving.
- Alpro Soya Yogurt Mango - 2 syns a serving.
- Alpro Soya Yogurt Cherry - 2 syns a pot.
- Alpro Soya Yogurt Plain with Almond - 0.5 syns a serving.
- Alpro Soya Yogurt Plain with Coconut - 0.5 syns a serving.
Ideas For Using Fat Free Yoghurts In Your Slimming World Diet
Now we know all the syn free and low syn yoghurts you can buy, there are endless ways to make use of them in the SW plan to keep your syns low, we've listed a few ideas for inspo.
- Curry sauce - Rather than adding cream or milk, using syn free yoghurt in curry sauce keeps the dish light with fewer syns and calories while adding that same creamy texture and cooling down the spices.
- Mousse - Another great way to make use of syn free yoghurt is by using it as a mousse, this keeps the syns low, Greek yoghurt fat-free and natural would work great here due to its thicker texture.
- Yoghurt bark - Simply take your fat free natural yoghurt, add your desired fresh fruits then freeze, snack until your heart's desire!
- Yoghurt jelly - Mixing fat free natural yoghurt with fat free jelly makes a great dessert for people with a sweet tooth and is simple to make.
- Yoghurt dessert bowls - Why not take some syn free yoghurt and top with some syn free fruits for a quick and healthy dessert, you could even add a teaspoon of honey for some extra sweetness, make sure to syn it!
- On porridge - Fat free natural yoghurt can make an excellent topping for porridge and helps add protein to your meal.
Overall, yoghurts are an excellent snack to have in the slimming world plan for a low syn breakfast, quick snack or easy dessert with the addition of fruit and some sweetener. Always make sure to syn any fat free yoghurts with are flavoured since they can often have a high content of sugar or sweetener, for syn free options, stick to unflavoured and zero fat.