Is Onken Fat-Free Yoghurt Syn Free?
Onken is a popular yoghurt for many of us, with their fat-free range making a great low-calorie snack or breakfast with some granola, but since their fat-free range is flavoured, you will have to track their syns.
Onken fat free yoghurt comes in three flavours; vanilla, strawberry and apple & mango, they on average have around 4 syns per serving, making them low in syns.
We've composed a small guide below which will discuss why Onken fat free yogurt is not syn free, the syn values of other Onken yogurts and some low syn fat-free alternatives.
Why Does Onken Fat-Free Yogurts Have Syns?
It is true that on the slimming world plan, fat free yoghurts are SYN FREE, but only fat free yogurts which are plain flavoured, this could be zero fat natural yogurts or Greek yogurts.
Still, at only 4 syns per serving, Onken fat free yogurts are pretty low in syns, you could have up to three servings a day before getting near the end of your daily syn allowance.
It's important to check if the yogurt has a lot of sugar due to the flavourings, despite being fat-free, flavoured yogurts can still be unhealthy.
Onken Yogurt Syns
Onken have a large range of yogurts, not just fat free versions, so to keep you on track, we've listed out their range of yoghurts below with their syn values.
- Onken Biopot Fat Free Mango & Yogurt 450G - 4 syns.
- Onken Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt 450G - 4 syns.
- Onken Biopot Strawberry Fat Free 450G - 4 syns.
- Onken Natural Set Yogurt 500G - 3.5 syns for 100g.
- Onken Mango & Passion Fruit Yogurt 450G - 5 syns for 100g.
- Onken Wholegrain Strawberry Yogurt 450G - 5 syns.
- Onken Cherry Yogurt 450G - 5 syns.
- Onken Biopot Summer Raspberry Yogurt 450G - 5 syns.
- Onken Super Kefir Lemon & Ginger Yogurt 350G - 4 syns.
- Onken Super Kefir Strawberry & Pomegranate Yogurt 350G - 4 syns.
- Onken Naked Strawberry Yogurt Pouch 110G - 4.5 syns.
Low Syn Alternatives To Onken Fat Free Yogurt
Onken fat-free yogurts have some similar syns to their full-fat yogurts, so if you are looking for some low syn alternatives. we've listed some fat free flavoured yoghurts to check out below.
- Tesco 0% Fat Greek Style Natural Yoghurts 4 pack (100g pot) – Syn free.
- Danone Light & Free Greek Style Yogurt, Blueberry Burst (115g pot) – 0.5 syn.
- Arla Skyr peach and raspberry yoghurt - 1.5 syns.
- Lidl Milbona light fat-free vanilla yoghurt - 1.5 syns.
- Lidl Milbona fat-free natural yoghurt - SYN FREE.
- Lidl Milbona fat-free raspberry protein yoghurt - 1 syn.
- Tesco free from soya mango yoghurt - 1.5 syns.
- Tesco lemon and blueberry Greek-style frozen yoghurt - 4.5 syns for 100ml.
- Brooklea fat-free yoghurt, passion and peach - 1.5 syns.
- Brooklea fat-free yoghurt, strawberry - 1.5 syns.
- Alpro soya passion fruit yoghurt - 1.5 syns.
- Fage Total 5% fat yoghurt - 3 syns.
- Lidl Milbona smooth toffee fat-free yoghurt - 1 syn.
- Alpro soya pineapple and passionfruit yoghurt - 2 syns.
- Alpro soya yoghurt plain with almond 100g - 0.5 syns.
- Fage Total 0% Greek yoghurt - SYN FREE.
- Arla Skyr pear, apple and cinnamon yoghurt - 1.5 syns.
- Fage Total 0% fat Greek yoghurt with blueberry - 2.5 syns.
- Onken blueberry light and fruity yoghurt - 1.5 syns.
- Asda Greek Style Yogurt with Honey, Fat-Free (120g pot) – 0.5 syn.
- Lidl Milbona Greek Style Low Fat Natural Yogurt (per 100g) – 1.5 syns.
- Asda Greek Style Yogurt with Honey, Fat-Free (450g pot) – 2.5 syn.
Overall, Onken fat-free yogurt is low in syns, making an excellent sweet dessert or brekky, if you want to keep your yogurt syn free we suggest choosing a zero per cent fat Greek or natural yoghurt instead. Always double-check the amount of sugar inside of your yoghurts when they are flavoured.