Are Muscle Food Pork Sausages Low In Syns?
Muscle food is a popular health food company for gym-goers or people who are trying to eat healthily, but since pork sausages are not syn free on the slimming world plan you will need to make sure you are tracking their syns.
Muscle food pork sausages for their lean range have between 3-6 syns per sausage making them quite high in syns, they should only be consumed within moderation.
To help you out with your slimming world weight loss we've discussed what makes these pork sausages so high in syns below, we've also listed out the syn values for all of their pork sausages range and some low syn alternatives from other brands.
Let's get into it!
Why Are Muscle Food Pork Sausages So High In Syns?
Muscle Food's pork sausages are very high in syns, having simply two of them would consume 12 syns out of your daily 15 syn allowances, they do have options for 3 syn sausages however too.
The pork itself is high-fat meat which contributes to the syns and calories, even though lean versions cut this fat, it doesn't help much with their syn values. Chicken or lean beef sausages tend to leaner if you are looking to cut more syns.
Muscle Food Pork Sausage Syn Values
Muscle Food have a variety of different pork sausage types to choose from, we've listed the rest down below with their syn values.
- Pork & Caramelised Onion Sausages - 12 x 33g - 6.5 syns.
- 12 x Pork & Chilli Sausages - 3 syns.
- Pork Sausages - 3 x 33g - 9.5 syns.
- Lean Pork Sausages - 12 x 33g - 3 syns per sausage.
- Jumbo Pork Sausages - 4 x 100g - 9.5 syns.
- Lean Pork & Apple Sausages - 6 x 66g - 6.5 syns.
Low Syn Alternatives To Muscle Food Pork Sausages
If can't find Muscle Food products near you or you looking for a lower syn choice, we've got you covered with some lower syn alternatives below.
- Slimming World Pork Sausages - Syn free.
- Frys Family Vegetarian Country Herb Sausages - 0.5 syns for two sausages.
- Muscle Foods Chorizo Pork Sausages – 2 syns per sausage.
- Tesco British Pork Chipolata Sausages– 2 syns per 12 sausages.
- Helen Browning Speedy Sausages – 1.5 syns per serving.
- Tesco Lincolnshire Pork Sausages – 6 syns a serving.
- Iceland Butchers Market Cumberland Sausages – 2 syns per sausage.
- Heck Chicken Italia Chipolata Sausages - 0.5 syns per sausage.
- Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Beef & Cracked Black Pepper Sausages - 2.5 syns per serving.
- Tesco Chicken Sausage – 2.5 syns per sausage.
- Heck Smoky Chorizo-Style Pork Sausages – 3 syns per sausage.
- Porky Whites Pork Chipolata - 3 syns per sausage.
- Richmond Irish Pork Sausages – 2.5 syns per serving.
- Tesco Butcher Pork Sausages - 6 syns per sausage.
- Live Lean Turkey Sausage - 2 syns per sausage.
- Linda McCartney Rosemary and Onion Sausages - Syn free.
- Tesco Dark Chocolate and Chilli Sausages - 6 syns a serving.
- Heck Plump Pork and Apple Sausages - 3.5 syns per serving.
- Heck Sausages with 97% Pork - 3.5 syns per serving.
- Heck Family Favourite 85% Pork Chipolatas - 1.5 syns per sausage.
- Kilmore Quay Seafood Sausages - 1.5 syns per sausage.
- Asda Pork Sausages (reduced fat) - 0.5 syns per sausage.
Can I Eat Muscle Food Pork Sausages On The Slimming World Plan?
Overall, at 3-6 syns a pork sausage, Muscle Food's sausages are quite high in syns so should be eaten now and then within moderation, as we mentioned above, one way to reduce the syns from your sausages is by picking chicken or beef sausages with no flavourings, these often have less fat than pork which equals a reduce syn value.