Is Patak's Balti Curry Paste High In Syns?
Curry pastes are essential for a quick and easy curry, but they do need to be synned on the slimming world plan as they often contain oil as well as spices.
Pataks Balti Curry paste in particular has 1.5 syns for 10g or 2 syns for a tablespoon, making it fairly low in syns, this makes it great for cooking low syn curries for an easy dinner.
In our small guide below, we have gone over whether or not you can eat Pataks Balti curry on the slimming world plan, the syn values of Patak's range, some low syn alternatives and a slimming world friendly Balti curry recipe!
Can I Eat Patak's Balti Curry On Slimming World?
At just two syns a tablespoon you can happily use Patak's Balti curry paste on the slimming world plan, curry pastes are great for flavouring curries without adding too many calories like curry sauces, this way you have control over the extra ingredients such as cream or yoghurts and oil.
For example, in comparison to Patak's Balti curry cooking sauce, their curry paste has 2 syns less while the sauce has 4 syns only for 100g.
Syn Values Of Patak's Curry Pastes & Sauces
Patak's have a huge range of curry pastes and curry sauces to add some flavour to your homemade curry's, all of them have varying syns which we have listed down below.
- Pataks Jalfrezi Cooking Sauce - 4.5 syns per 100g.
- Pataks Bhuna cooking sauce - 3.5 syns for 100g.
- Pataks Medium Balti Cooking Sauce - 4 syns for 100g.
- Pataks Medium Hot Rogan Josh Sauce - 3 syns for 100g.
- Pataks Mild Korma Sauce - 7 syns for 100g.
- Pataks Madras Sauce - 4 syns for 100g.
- Pataks Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce - 6 syns per 100g.
- Pataks Korma Curry Paste - 2 syns per tablespoon.
- Pataks Balti Paste - 2 syns per tablespoon.
- Pataks Tikka Masala Paste Medium - 2 syns per tablespoon.
- Pataks Rogan Josh Paste - 2 syns per tablespoon.
- Pataks Tandoori Paste Mild - 0.5 syns a tablespoon.
- Pataks Jalfrezi Curry Paste - 2 syns per tablespoon.
Low Syn Alternatives To Patak's Balti Curry Paste
There are lots of other low syn alternatives to Patak's Balti curry paste, we've listed some popular ones with their syn values to add to your shopping basket.
- Tesco Tikka Curry Paste 200G - 3 syns.
- Tesco Korma Curry Paste 200G - 3 syns.
- Blue Dragon Thai Red Curry Paste 285G - 3.5 syns.
- Blue Dragon Thai Green Curry Paste 285G - 3 syns.
- Tesco Red Thai Curry Paste 200G - 1.5 syns.
- Tesco Massaman Curry Paste 200G - 2 syns.
- Holy Cow! Delhi Tikka Masala Curry Sauce - 8 syns per 100g.
- Bay's Kitchen Tikka Masala Low Fodmap Stir-in Sauce - 4 syns per 100g.
- Meridian Free From Tikka Masala Sauce - 5 syns per 100g.
- Jamie Oliver Madras Curry Paste 180G - 4 syns.
- Jamie Oliver Korma Curry Paste 180G - 4.5 syns.
- Jamie Oliver Tikka Masala Curry Paste 180G - 4.5 syns.
- Blue Dragon Thai Red Paste Pot For Two 50G - 8 syns.
Our SW Friendly Balti Curry Recipe
If you feel like getting creative in the kitchen why not try making your own slimming world friendly Balti curry at home?
This recipe below serves four people for the family and is best of all SYN FREE!
- One teaspoon garam masala and two teaspoons of curry powder.
- Three large spoons of tomato paste.
- Three onions.
- 40g of ginger.
- Pinch of turmeric.
- One can of tomatoes.
- Five chicken breasts.
- Chicken stock.
- Low cal cooking spray.
- Start by preheating your oven to gas mark 7 then chop your ginger, onion, garlic and add them into your pan with chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato puree and 350ml of hot water.
- Simmer for half an hour.
- Blend the sauce once cooled and back to the pan with chicken, cook for 15 minutes and serve!
In conclusion, at just 2 syns for a tablespoon, Patak's Balti curry paste is low in syns and helps to make an easy flavourful curry without any guilt. If you want to save even more syns you could always try making our easy slimming world friendly Balti curry above which is SYN FREE!