Another recipe that’s perfect for Saturday night, when you want something that tastes like a takeaway or a restaurant meal but that’s still healthy. This one is from the Slimming World magazine, and I’ve only made it once. Thinking back, I can’t understand why. I think it’s going on the list for next week’s menu because it was delicious in every way, and super simple too.
It’s got lush potatoes…
…that are sprinkled with paprika and cooked until they’re lovely and crispy.
It’s got a rosemary and balsamic glaze (and I was proud of being able to use rosemary from my garden)…
…and soft, lovely chicken. Basically, it’s delicious. What are you waiting for?
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 140ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of artificial sweetener
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 500g mixed vegetables to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C and slice the potatoes into rounds. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain well
- Spray or toss the potatoes with oil. Put them in a baking tray and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Cook the potatoes for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Put the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan with the rosemary and sweetener. Bring the rosemary, sweetener and vinegar mix to a boil and simmer over a highish heat for about five minutes until the sauce has reduced. Then throw away the rosemary and remove the sauce from the heat
- Lay the chicken breasts in the sauce and turn frequently whilst the potatoes cook. Preheat the grill to hot
- When the potatoes have 15 minutes left, cook the chicken on the grill and turn frequently. When it’s cooked through (about 10-12 minutes) slice the chicken.
- Serve with the vegetables