You can hardly go wrong with chicken especially if you get the seasoning right. I for one have cooked hundreds of chicken recipes and not to brag but my success rate is pretty high. This particular recipe is one of my favorite slimming world creations that i stumbled upon by chance on Facebook.
Over time, i have taken the original recipe and altered it so many times to fit my desired taste. It is safe to say i have found the one that fits me perfectly hence why i decided to share. I can already imagine sitting around with my family on a warm weekend enjoying this paprika chicken dinner over endless chatter. What’s not to love about an ideal family meal that is easy to prepare.
I mostly serve it with a side of tagliatelle or a vegetable salad depending on where I’m at with my calorie goals. However, the chicken and tagliatelle flavor marry beautifully thus is my got to accompaniment. You can also serve it with any dried pasta and the result will be just as delicious since the paprika chicken is the star of the dish.
It tastes as good as ost take away meals hence allowing you to indulge without the fear of extra calories. In fact, this meal can be syn free and aligns with the weight watcher’s recommendations. I hope you love it as much as my family did and trust me those people do not agree on most of my healthy slimming world meal experiments so this chicken recipe is extra special.
- 12 chicken thighs/chicken breast
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml chicken stock, spiced with paprika
- 500g dried tagliatelle pasta
- fresh parsley to garnish
- non-calorie cooking oil spray
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 2 large onion, sliced
- 2tsp oregano(optional)
- 1 sliced lemon for flavor
- 75g Philadelphia light
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1tsp ginger, ground
Method of preparation
- Preheat the oven to about 200 degrees gas level 6
- Grab an ovenproof dish and line it with aluminum foil then spray on some non-calorie cooking oil.
- line the bottom with your chopped white onions and sprinkle some of your cayenne pepper.
- In another bowl pour in your black pepper, lots of paprika, garlic, ginger and then marinate your chicken thighs with the mixture. The more paprika the better, after all, it is a paprika chicken meal.
- Place your marinated chicken thighs and douse with the remaining ginger and garlic mixture then layer with your tomato puree, basil and a little more paprika.
- Spray on some cooking oil spray and set your timer at about one hour. Make sure you stay on the lookout after thirty minutes and turn the pieces for even browning.
- meanwhile, cook your tagliatelle in some hot boiling water and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for about five minutes or until ready.
- Strain off the excess tagliatelle water and pour it in another cooking pot. Reduce the heat to medium-low then add in your Philadelphia light together with oregano, salt, garlic powder(optional), smoked paprika, and finally, add the chicken stock to make you a sauce. Cook until the sauce starts reducing.
- Take out your golden brown paprika chicken, add on some black pepper and your healthy food is ready to serve.
- Best served hot with some cold drink on the side and people will definitely come for an extra serving.
1.Before purchasing ingredients confirm the syn value as they differ with brands and search for the ones with the lowest syn
2. You can make your own spices from home hence saving you some coins.
3, You can get some chicken stock from the shop but feel free to make your own.
4. If you do not like garlic or ginger do not add it as it is optional for this chicken paprika recipe.
find more easy to follow slimming world recipes here