When you’re on the move and need a quick meal, it can be easy to head straight for an unhealthy snack. If you’re anything like my husband, you’ll head straight for a burger or a pasty, or even a certain type of wrap from a certain fast food chain.
All of these temptations can easily get you down and make your weight loss harder, but you don’t have to miss out on all the excitement. With these healthy slimming world speed soup recipes, you’ll experience your body getting all warmed up, the spices filling your mouth and they won’t take you long to rustle up, even out of scratch.
What is a Speed Soup?
Speed Soup is the name given to a recipe which is supposed to boost weight loss whilst following a Slimming World diet plan. Even if you’re not a member of Slimming World, these speed soups can benefit you as they have a lot of speed foods in them.
Speed foods are fruits and vegetables that should take up a third of your plate with every meal. They are proven to help speed up weight loss, and play an important part in Slimming World. Our article on speed foods highlight which vegetables and fruits are good for weight loss and which fruit and vegetables you want to avoid.
Slimming World Speed Soup
As Slimming World soups go, this first recipe is well known amongst many of the Slimming World participants. This particular soup recipe serves 10, which can help keep you going all week, but you can alter the ingredient amounts to your specific preferences.
Here’s what you need to make this soup:
- 1 can of mixed bean salad (drained)
- 1 can of green lentils (drained)
- 2 cans of chopped tomato
- 1 can of baked beans (drained)
- 2 large leeks (chopped)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 4 medium carrots (chopped)
- 2 parsnips (diced)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 chicken/vegetable stock cubes
- salt & pepper
- 2000 ml water
- Prepare the vegetables and drain the juice from the cans
- Split ingredients into one big pan or two and make them as even as you can
- Make up stock with 2 -3 chicken or vegetable OXO cubes and around 2000ml of hot water
- Pour stock over the ingredients so it just covers over
- Bring pans to the boil then simmer until vegetables are soft (20-25 mins)
- You can blend, or leave it chunky
- Serve and enjoy – you can freeze them in batches too if you want
This super speed soup recipe should take you 30-40 minutes to complete, or if you’re doing one serving, it might be even faster. It certainly sounds yummy. Why not try it out?
Slimming World Tomato Soup
A Slimming World speed soup would not be complete without tomato soup. It’s a well loved dish that warms our hearts and reminds us of when our mums would feed us it when we were off school sick. This recipe is syn free and delicious! When a diet is delicious, it makes weight loss a lot easier. Here’s how to make this soup:
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of baked beans
- 4 small pickled onions (or one large one), chopped in half
- 1/2 pint vegetable stock
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Put all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to boil.
- As soon as the soup boils, reduce the heat to a lower setting and allow to simmer.
- Cover and leave for 15 mins to simmer gently.
- Once cooled slightly, add to a blender and blitz until the mixture is completely smooth.
- This tomato soup can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for up to one week.
This 70kcal recipe will only take you 30-35 minutes and will serve up to four people. Tomatoes are a speed food and they are great for all kinds of recipes.
Carrot and Coriander Soup
This soup recipe was the first one that came to mind when writing this article. It was mainly inspired by my mother, who makes a mean Carrot and Coriander soup. This soup is yummy, healthy and very quick to make. Carrot, its main ingredient, is one of the best speed foods, and its natural sweetness helps it go down a treat.
You will love it!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 900ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable stock
- large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté the carrots and onion for a few minutes until the onion has softened a little.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the coriander. Bring to the boil, and cook until the carrots are tender, (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the soup until smooth, using a hand blender or food processor. Reheat before serving if necessary.
- Serve with crusty bread and add a sprig of coriander on top.
This soup recipe only takes 25 minutes, and it serves 6 people. It would be perfect for a family meal, and you can alter the recipe to serve 1 and bring it with you to work. It’s one of those recipes that really is adaptable and easy to make. You really should try it out, make my mother proud!
Quick Slimming World Vegetable Soup
I often make this soup when I need to clear out a lot of left over veg. Even though I state specific ingredients, this quick vegetable soup can include many different kinds of vegetables. Experimenting with different tastes is a fun way to boost your diet and makes the prospect of dieting a bit more enjoyable.
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1/2 swede (diced)
- 1/2 leek (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 or 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Fill a pan just over half way with water and heat up until simmering.
- Put the vegetables in the pan and leave to soften for around 20-25 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are softening, crumble in one or two vegetable stock cubes and stir.
- Towards the end of the cooking process you can sprinkle some herbs and seasoning into the soup but this is optional.
- Serve with crusty bread.
This recipe is so easy, I love making it because you can literally use any vegetable to make it. This quick veggie soup recipe serves 1 to 2 people and can be easily altered to cater for more servings, and it should only take 30-35 minutes to rustle up. That’s a job well done!
Now, it’s your turn…
There’s just nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold winters day and we hope these Slimming World soup recipes will warm you up as well as aid you in your slimming journey.
Now, it’s your turn to have a go! Get stuck in and make your speed soup today!