Do Harvest Morn Granola Bars Have A Lot Of Syns?
Breakfast bars and granola bars are great to have when you need a quick breakfast, but these bars can often be high in sugar and calories which can affect your weight loss.
Harvest Morn Granola bars in particular have 9.5 syns in for two of their bars, making them very high in syns for breakfast.
To find out more about these granola bar syns we've put together a short guide below which will discuss why Harvest morn granola bars are so high in syns, some other syn values of their range and alternative low syn breakfast and granola bars.
Why Are Harvest Morn Granola Bars So High In Syns?
At 9.5 syns for a serving, Harvest Morn Granola bars are very high in syns, most of the syns inside of these bars come from sugar inside of them with their honey granola bar packing up to 12g of sugar just for one serving.
These bars are also very high in carbs due to the fact they are made with oat, this is great for slow energy release throughout the morning.
We've listed out the syn values of their granola bars down below.
- Harvest Morn 5x2 Crunchy Oats & Honey Granola Bars 210g - 9.5 syns.
- Harvest Morn 5x2 Crunchy Maple Syrup Granola Bars 210g - 9.5 syns.
Harvest Morn Bar Syn Values
Harvest Morn have a huge range of cereal bars to choose from and granolas if you're looking for a healthy start to your day.
We've listed some of their other values down below.
- Harvest Morn Very Berry Granola 500g - 9.5 syns a serving.
- Harvest Morn Crispy Chunks Marshmallow 4x28g - 6 syns.
- Harvest Morn Nutty Granola 500g - 10 syns.
- Harvest Morn Chocolate Crispy Chunks 4x36g - 7.5 syns.
- Harvest Morn Raisin & Almond Granola 1kg - 9.5 syns.
- Harvest Morn Breakfast Biscuits Milk & Cereal 300g - 8 syns.
- Harvest Morn Crunchy Clusters Chocolate 500g - 10.5 syns.
- Harvest Morn Chocolate Fudge Benefit Bars 5x19g - 3 syns.
- Harvest Morn Fibre Now Chocolate Squares 5x24g - 4 syns.
- Harvest Morn Jaffa Benefit Bars 5x19g - 3 syns.
- Harvest Morn Cherry Bakewell Benefit Bars 5x19g - 3 syns.
- Harvest Morn Summer Fruits Benefit Bars 5x19g - 3 syns.
- Harvest Morn Strawberry Filled Soft Bakes 5x50g - 9 syns.
- Harvest Morn Chocolate Chip Soft Bakes 5x50g - 10 syns.
Low Syn Alternatives To Harvest Morn Granola Bars
Since Harvest Morn granola bars are super high in syns you might be wondering if there are any other low syn granola bar alternatives to try out for a quick brekky on the go.
We've listed a few to get you started below.
- Nature Valley Granola Bars Maple Syrup 5 Pack - 10 syns.
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Oats & Chocolate Bars 5X42g - 10 syns.
- Go Ahead! Fruit Bakes Apple Bars x6 210g - 6 syns.
- Deliciously Ella Peanut Oat Bars 3x50g - 11.5 syns.
- Stoats Raspberry & Honey Breakfast Bar x4 50g - 11 syns.
- Graze Protein Bites, Cocoa Vanilla Oat Squares 4x30g - 6.5 syns.
- Kellogg's Special K Bar Juicy Red Berry 5x27g - 4 syns.
- Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Dark Chocolate & Nut Cereal Bars 4x40g - 7 syns.
- Go Ahead! Yoghurt Breaks Forest Fruit Bars 5x35.5g - 3.5 syns.
- Eat Natural Crunchy Protein Bars with Peanuts & Chocolate 3 x 45g - 11.5 syns.
- Eat Natural Fruit & Nut Bars Dark Chocolate with Cranberries and Macadamias 3 x 45g - 11 syns.
- Jordans Frusli Red Berries Cereal Bars 6x30g - 6 syns.
Our Slimming World Granola Bar Recipe
One way to save syns on your grab and go breakfast is by making your own slimming world granola bars, this way you have control over the ingredients and syns.
Our recipe below has 4 syns per bar and makes up to 16 bars.
- 180g of rolled oats.
- 15g of chocolate chips.
- One large egg white.
- Three spoons of sweetener.
- Pinch of cinnamon.
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Four spoons of honey or maple syrup.
- Low cal cooking spray.
- Two small bananas.
- Begin by heating your oven to gas mark 4 then start to mash your banana in a separate bowl, put in your egg white, vanilla extract, sweetener and honey then mix.
- Take another bowl to combine your oats, chocolate chips and cinnamon and fold with your wet banana mixture.
- Grease a baking tray and firmly press your mixture into the tray, make 16 squares with a knife then bake for around 30 minutes until golden.
Overall, Harvest Morn granola bars are very high in syns, once you have two of these bars for breakfast you would only have 5.5 syns left for the day! If you are looking for a low syn granola bar we would suggest checking out our low syn alternatives above or trying making your granola bar at home which is lower in sugar.