Kfc is many people’s (including me) ideal take away meal. There is something about the crispy chicken with a ranch dip, baked beans and a side of spicy fries that makes you think you might have had a taste of heaven. What makes it even better is your order is prepared in seconds, making it an even better cheat meal or stress reliever. I had kfc take away about twice a week.
Everything was all fun and games before i started gaining weight and couldn’t fit into my clothes anymore. That’s when a friend enlightened me on the number of calories i ingest in the kfc meals i love with my whole heart. It is at that moment that i decided to start watching my calories more keenly hence the discovery of slimming world recipes.
All of the slimming world recipes are weight watchers friendly, taste good, and fit right into your diet. if it is not obvious, my favorite one has to be the slimming world kfc chicken. I’m more comfortable eating and preparing it as i know the ingredients are healthy and won’t lead me back to my obese days.
This meal is excellent for families and literally takes you an hour to prepare. I have tweaked the fakeaway recipe a little to fit my desired taste, but best believe it’s still healthy.
This fakeaway kfc style chicken contains approximately 255 calories depending on the type of breadcrumbs and the spice mix seasoning you use. I prefer using a wholemeal bun for breadcrumbs, but if you prefer to syn it, you will need about six syns. Or even better use smack crumbs, which are syn free. In that spirit of syn free, ensure you take the skin off your chicken and any visible fat.
You will need;
- 12 chicken pieces(either breast or thighs)
- Three beaten eggs
- 2tsp oregano
- 2 cups of buttermilk( 4syns)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3tbs ground ginger
- 3tbs Celery seeds
- 2tbs Garlic powder
- Breadcrumbs of choice(wholemeal)
- Cooking spray oil (calorie-free)
Method of preparation
- Chop the chicken into strips, then marinate the pieces overnight with buttermilk before putting in the refrigerator. This will help the meat become soft as well as add flavor. This step is optional to the fakeaway recipe so feel free to skip it,
- Mix your garlic powder. black pepper, basil, a pinch of salt, paprika, breadcrumbs and oregano in a bowl
- In another dish, whisk your three eggs for the coating.
- Dip your marinated chicken breasts in the egg then into the spice mix. Repeat this process for all the pieces to ensure they are well coated.
- Grab an oven resistant baking tray then line it with aluminum foil. Douce on some calorie-free cooking spray onto the foil. Place in the chicken breasts and spread the pieces evenly, then add some cooking spray on top of the pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees for about five minutes before you place in your baking tray with the chicken.
- Set the timer at 25-30 minutes them take them out, and turn the pieces to ensure even browning — Bake for a further twenty minutes before they are ready.
- Take the chicken out before it starts to burn, and your food is ready to be served.
My family gets excited every time i cook the kfc chicken slimming world version as they absolutely love it. I mostly serve with syn free baked fries, coleslaw salad, or buttered corn. This ensures it sticks to my slimming diet while my family indulges in the flavor-filled food.
How long can you store the kfc chicken?
Ideally, this meal is best served hot if you intend to taste all the flavor. But if some pieces remain or you want to share some with your colleagues from work, let the kfc chicken cool for about two hours. You should then place them in an airtight lid before plopping in the refrigerator.
Try to eat the chicken within three to four days. Any more days and the KFC should be on its way to the dustbin. If you love this fakeaway recipe as much as i do, check out the slimming world chicken nuggets version here. All our recipes will help you lose weight as well as to stan your taste buds.
If you enjoyed this slimming world recipe, check out more of our weight watchers friendly recipes on our website, feel free shoot us an email on the email address provided on the website and share your favorite post with your friends on social platforms. Also, comments are welcome and subscribe your email address to get notifications when we post more content.